Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Boston EWGA Chapter dedicated to enriching the lives of women through the game of golf.
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
Board of directors
New members corner
Frequent Questions FAQS?
Pace of Play: How to Speed Up Your Play
Golf Events Alternates Policy
Rules of Golf
League Attendance Policy
Etiquette and Conduct
New League Policy
Event Paring Policy
Social Media Policy
Golf Events Information
Golf Event Registration
Match Play Competition
New England Cup
Play in Your Community
EWGA Northeast Chapter Challenge
Event Coordinator Manual
President's Cup - Team Match Play
How To Register
Our Favorite Pros
Rules of Golf
Fairway Friends Mentoring Program
Tee box sponsorship
Local Charity 2017
2017 Kickoff vendors
Other Products and Services
Improve Your Game
Golf Course Network
Golf Apparel and Accesories
Golf and Business Travel
Learn about handicaps
Post to GHIN
Post to GN21
Course rating database
Equitable stroke control
Course hcp calculator
Get a handicap
New Members Corner
Why Not Take a Swing?
Get Golf Ready is designed to teach everything you'll need to play golf in just a few lessons. PGA and LPGA Professionals will show you that there are lots of ways to play by combining fun, friends and fitness.
What You Need to Bring
Just yourself, a desire to have fun and perhaps a few friends to enjoy the great outdoors. Golf clubs, balls and other equipment will be provided for your use.
What You Will Experience
Each session will focus on the various golf skills you will use while playing. In addition to learning the basics, you will be guided onto the golf course to put your skills into action in a casual, friendly setting. Here is what Get Golf Ready will cover:
The Hole is the Goal:
· How to get around the club house and practice areas
· The many social benefits both on and off the golf course (hint - EWGA!)
· Suggestions on what to wear for golf fashion and comfort
· All about golf clubs and why there are different clubs in your bag
· Putting - the excitement of rolling the ball into the hole
Getting it Close:
· Warm up, stretching and wellness tips
· The best ways to hold the club and get ready before you take a swing
· Hitting the ball close to the hole - chipping, pitching and other shots from short distance
· Caring for the course
Swing, Swing, Swing:
· Getting comfortable with the full swing
· Using your irons to get the ball in the air and onto the green
· Learn the "lingo", like fairway & rough, tee box & green, divot & bunker and more
· Having more fun using "It's Okay" as the way to play
· Swinging your driver and other "big" clubs to hit the long shots
· Starting your play from the correct tee markers - use TEE IT FORWARD to have more fun
· Helpful short cuts to save time while you play
Ready, Set . . . Go Golf:
· Linking all that you've learned to play a few holes
· Tips for playing in groups, on teams and other fun ways to play
· Become more comfortable on the course and where to drive the cart
· Review of the rules and keeping score
· More opportunities for you to come back and play golf (hint - EWGA!)
Check out the
schedule for a Get Golf Ready program near you. You can either register online or by calling the pros directly.
More information is available at
For questions regarding any EWGA programs please contact
Copyright © 2017 Boston MA Chapter. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic